- 10 years of professional writing and editing.
- 9 years in professional education (secondary and post-secondary).
- Author of two books, a popular blog, and many published stories, essays, and reviews.
- Graduate degree in religious studies, undergraduate degree in communication.
- Extensively trained and widely read in cultural studies, educational theory, religion, philosophy, history, media studies, and classic and contemporary literature.
- Passionate about social and cultural issues, education, the arts, and the life of the mind and spirit.
- Proficient with new media and social media, including WordPress, Blogger, MySpace, Facebook, and Twitter, along with basic HTML skills and advanced computer use skills.
- Proficient in MS Office, Adobe software, and numerous additional software packages, including media production programs and platforms.
- Home office contains two computers, high-speed Internet connection, phone, photocopier, scanner, fax.
Freelance Writer, Editor, Researcher, Consultant 1998-present
- Provided expert writing, research, and editorial support to a variety of clients, including:
- The Paraprofessional Healthcare Institute (PHI) – Bronx, New York
- Backbone Media – Waltham, Massachusetts
- Fireheart Communications – Salem, Massachusetts
- Sundance Equipment Sales – Sandy Ridge, Pennsylvania
- Found Item Clothing – Portland, Oregon
- Assisted clients in achieving their objectives by researching, writing, editing, and/or designing blogs, web copy, book copy, essays, reviews, catalog descriptions, educational materials, advertising documents, and marketing collateral
Adjunct Instructor of English and Reading 2008-present
McLennan Community College
English Teacher 2001-2008
Hartville High School
Creative Writing Instructor 2004
Tarleton State University's Dora Lee Langdon Cultural & Educational Center
Communications Specialist 1998-2001
Premier Mortgage Centers
Media Production Specialist 1996-1998
Missouri State University
Video Director 1994-1996
The Glen Campbell Goodtime Theater
M.A., Religious Studies, 2003
Missouri State University
B.A., Communication, 1992
University of Missouri
Emphasis in radio and television production
SELECTED ACHIEVEMENTS AND RECOGNITIONS
- Lead blogger and consultant for launch of Read Generation, Backbone Media's corporate blogging service, 2008-9.
- Guest of honor at MoCon III, 2008.
- Named in 2004 edition of Who’s Who Among America’s Teachers.
- Named in 2001 edition of Who's Who Among Students in America's Colleges and Universities.
- Panel speaker at numerous literary conventions (Austin, Chicago, Seattle, Kansas City, Indianapolis).
Return to Writing / Editing Services Page